General Principles of Female Horoscope
- 8th House – Death of husband
- Whatever effect may accrue from the horoscope of a female that is applicable only to men should be ascribed to the husband. Her prosperity and happiness has to be deduced from the 8th house (from the Lagna or the Moon whichever is strong). Children should be declared through the 9th house and matters relating to her appearance, beauty, etc. should be determined from the Lagna. It is from the 7th place that her welfare and the (nature of the) husband should be ascertained while her association and chastity should be predicted from an examination of the 4th house. Benefics in these houses produce good results, while malefics in the above houses are productive of evil unless they happen to own the houses in which case the effect will be good.
- If the Lagna and the Moon be in an even sign, the female born will have the form and characteristics of the best of her sex. If they be aspected by or associated with a benefic planet, she will possess excellent qualities, of steadfast virtue and prosperous. 1f the sign occupied by them be an odd one, she would be masculine in form, fickle-minded, masculine in her bearing and sinful; and if they be aspected by or associated with malefic planets, she will be profligate.
- If both the ascendant and the Moon are in even signs and be aspected by benefic planets, the woman born will bear good sons, possess an excellent husband and be well-ornamented. She will be very prosperous and possess excellent qualities. If the Lagna and the Moon are in odd signs and be aspectsd by or associated with malefic planets, she will be masculine in her bearing, insincere, ungovernable and cruel beyond measure to her husband; and She will be poor.
- If, in an odd sign, both the Lagna and the Moon be associated with or aspected by a benefic planet, the qualities, the aspect, the position, the gait and the intelligence of the female born will be of a mixed kind; but if, in an even sign, both the Lagna and the Moon be associated with or aspected by a malefic planet, the character of the female born, say the wise astrologers, will be shaped wholly by the influence of the planets associated with or aspecting the lord of the even sign under reference.
- When the Lagna is in an odd sign; when the masculine planets predominate in strength; when the Moon, Mercury and Venus are strong and when Saturn has ordinary strength; the female born will be a dependent and her husbands will be many.
- When the Lagna is in an even sign, and when Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus have the greatest strength; the female horn will he virtuous and become widely celebrated for her conspicuous ability to understand the intrinsic qualities of all things.
- When Saturn has but medium strength; when the Moon, Venus and Mercury are weak; and when the remaining planets are possessed of real strength, the female that is born in an odd Lagna will associate with many men. When Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus are strong and when the rising sign is an even one, the woman born will become celebrated for her knowledge of every science developing ultimately into an expounder of the scriptures.