- Lords of the 6th, 8th, 12th, 3rd and 11th houses produce evil.
- Evil planets in the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses are very powerful and produce success, wealth and health
- The lords of the 2nd and 12th houses give good or bad results according as they are in conjunction with the lords of other houses and the nature of the houses they occupy.
- Lord of the 8th house produces evil because he owns the 12th house from the 9th, which is the house of Bhagya (wealth). If he chances to be the lord of 1st also, he becomes good.
- Ravi and Chundra do not give evil even when they own the 8th house. Mars does not become good when he owns only the 10th house. He must own the 5th also to become thoroughly good. (Cancer Lagna birth)
- Rahu and Ketu give the same results as those given by the houses they
occupy, the planets they are in conjunction with, and the aspects they are
subjected to but with greater strength.
- If the lords of the Kendras are in conjunction with the lords of the
Thrikonas without being associated with the lords of other houses, they
become extremely powerful in producing good results.
- The lords of the Kendras and Trines in conjunction produce good from the
simple fact of their union even when they are weak otherwise.
- If the lords of the 9th and I0th houses join together and occupy the 9th or
10th, or if the lord of the 9th occupies the 9th and the lord of the 10th
occupies 10th house they produce good.
- Evil planets viz. lords of 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, and 12th houses, when in
conjunction with powerful Rajayoga planets, also produce favourable results
in their subperiods according to their own sources of strength at the time.
Powerful planets lose a part of their strength to produce good when they are
joined with evil planets and powerless planets gain some good by joining
with powerful planets.
- When Rahu and Kethu occupy Kendras or Trines with the lords of other
Kendras or Trines they produce good.
- Where the lord of the 9th and 10th houses are joined by the lords of the
8th and 11th houses success is at risk.
- Lords of the 5th and 9th houses are always good, while lords of the 3rd,
6th and 11th are always evil.
- When Benefics own quadrants they produce evil. When Malefics own
quadrants they produce good ; the good and evil planets become more and more
powerful as they are lords of 1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th, houses; 5th and 9th
houses; or 3rd, 6th and 11th houses respectively.
- In the case of evil planets they gradually grow stronger by being owners
of the later quadrants or kendras and get the highest power when they become
lords of the 10th. The reverse holds good with good planets. Benefics owning
first house are not so bad as those owning 4th, and those who own 7th are
worse than those who rule the 4th, and those who own the 10th are the worst
of the whole lot.
- Jupiter and Venus owning quadrants become very inauspicious. When they
occupy the 2nd and 7th houses with such ownership, they become powerful in
inflicting certain death to the native.
- Mercury is less malicious than Jupiter and Venus and Moon is less than
Mercury. Sun and Moon do not give evil even when they own the 8th house.
- Lords of Kendras joining with or lying between lords of Thrikonas
- The 2nd house is stronger in inflicting death than the 7th; planets who
occupy the 2nd are stronger in killing persons than the lords of the 2nd;
those who are in conjunction with the lord of the 2nd are still more
powerful in causing death.
- The close of the periods of the planets who are with the lords of the
2nd and 7th houses causes death; next the periods of the planets who occupy
the 2nd and the 7th houses cause death; if death does no happen in the above
circumstantces, it will be caused in the dasas of the lords of the 2nd and